Plumber Tom is the area expert in installing, repairing, and replacing tankless water heaters throughout the San Diego area. Let us help you choose the best type, brand, style, and size for your home!
We have plenty of experience installing propane, electric, and natural gas tankless hot water systems, and have thousands of happy customers that have helped us earn a reputation we are proud of. There are so many different options available for your home or commercial application when it comes to tankless water heaters, and you want only the best professional plumbers in San Diego on your project.
Tankless water heaters may have a higher initial cost than traditional water heaters, but they pay for themselves through the years and are anywhere from 80-98% efficient. With a tankless water heater in San Diego that runs on that kind of high efficiency, you might be able to cut your hot water heating costs by as much as 50%!
What is the Difference between a Traditional Tank Water Heater and a Tankless Water Heater?
- While tank heaters pre-heat a specified amount of water and keep it in the tank, tankless water heaters only heat up water as it is needed. It’s your on-demand hot water service.
- Tank heaters can run out of hot water, then you’ll have to wait for it to refill with more hot water. Tankless heaters offer unlimited hot water since it’s not stored in a specific-sized tank.
- A tank heater runs constantly – it never shuts off, and this can not only cost you a lot of money on your energy bill, but it can also waste a lot of hot water that will never be used. A tankless heater turns off as soon as the faucet is turned off.
- Tank heaters are cheaper initially, but are less efficient and may end up costing you more in the long run. Tankless heaters use modern technology and are more expensive up front, but may end up costing you less in the long run.
- Tank heaters have a lifespan of 10-12 years, while tankless water heaters last up to 20 years with little maintenance. In addition, while tank heaters are relatively easy to replace and/or install, a tankless system takes longer and is more difficult.
If you’re not sure what kind of water heater is right for your home and your budget, contact Plumber Tom for help. We’ll not only point you in the right direction, but will also handle the entire project for you to make sure everything is done as efficiently, affordably, and safely as possible. Contact Plumber Tom, don’t wait another day!